St Thomas More

Dear Mr Eggen,                               June 24, 2018
      A few days ago it was the feast day of St Thomas More.  Undoubtedly, a well-known historical figure who stood firm in his beliefs despite the 'winds of change' blowing through his homeland at the time.
     I find a great deal of inspiration from his life.  I see that new ideas are often not better than old ideas when it comes to morality.  I see that holding fast to the old ideas can make one appear 'out of touch'.  I see that historical perspective is a very powerful tool.
     Also a few days ago, Bill 24 was officially scrutinized in court.  Hundreds of people have thrown their support behind an effort to dismantle the problematic legislation that is Bill 24.  This is a bill which carves a wedge between parents and their children in the sensitive realm of sexuality.
     I am praying for the intercession of St Thomas More in this court challenge -- that it will succeed.  Then we will need more help from St Thomas More to ensure that a refined and better law can be crafted to strengthen the parent/school connection.
    Sincerely,
Catherine van Kampen
P.S. I am about to have a baby...so I hope you're not too sad if my weekly letters get shorter for the next few months.     ; )

Comments