Inspiration from the Catholic Bishops of Alberta


Attention:  Mr David Eggen,
                    228 Legislature Building
                    10800 - 97 Ave
                    Edmonton, AB
                    T5K 2B6
 
Dear Mr Eggen,
I  am not sure if you had a chance to read the letter (November 5, 2017) from the 7 Catholic Bishops of Alberta and the Northwest Territories.   The letter is not directed specifically to you, but to Catholics in general.   It does, however, directly relate to your career and goals.
    Allow me to quote from this well-written document; it will crystallize the mission of this letter writing campaign that has begun.
    "We do not, and we shall not apologize to anyone for our faith, or for our schools.  Everyone knows that the existence of our schools, fully permeated with our faith, is a constitutional right.  Everyone should also know that this is a right we shall vigorously defend."
     I have been musing on the concept of what it means to "vigorously defend" a right.  I suppose that sending you a letter every week of 2018 is a start.  I doubt that it is enough.  Far more necessary,  but intangible,  is the foundation of prayer.  Please know that many are praying for you, Mr Eggen.
    I pray that Jesus, who is the Way, the Truth and the Life, leads you ever closer to His merciful heart.  I pray that you see Catholic teaching for what it truly is: life-affirming and full of love and beauty.  I pray that you cease all efforts to force Catholic schools, or any schools, to teach what is contrary to their principles.
   Sincerely,
Your pen pal,
Catherine van Kampen

Comments

  1. I fully support the objectives of our Catholic Bishops and our sister, Catherine, your "Pen Pal", to confirm the freedom for Catholic schools to assert and teach principles that assist parents in the upgringing of their children according to our Christian faith. This is a right that is in no way anti-social but rather promotes respectful citizens since it is based on acceptance and tolerance of others while maintaining firmly our principles of Christian family life.

    Bill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement, dad, and I guess I need to sign myself off from your computer! ; )

      Delete

Post a Comment