Appreciation

Dear Mr Eggen,                               July 3, 2018
      The school year is done and summer is here.  This is a good time to give thanks.  I thank God for the many options we have available to us in Alberta for schooling.  I am so grateful for the freedom to homeschool my children.  I am also grateful for the government-funded Catholic schools that employed me as a teacher in past years.  I am appreciative of the fact that my neighbors can choose to send their precious kids to whichever school they see as best.
     In a particular way I am thankful for all teachers.  It doesn't matter where they teach...the point is that these people have chosen a challenging and sacrificial profession.  It is a calling that is not easy to fulfill.  This includes you, Mr Eggen.  Thank you for the years of teaching you offered.  Thank you for considering, now, how best to support teachers in their near-impossible quest to help every student they serve.  I know you take this seriously and I pray that the Holy Spirit guides you in your very important role!
     Sincerely,
Catherine van Kampen

 

Comments