Shovelling Compassion

Dear Mr Eggen,
    Thank you for sharing with us through Facebook the video and photos of you shoveling snow from an elderly constituent's sidewalk. There is no doubt in my mind: you are a compassionate man. You saw the need, and you addressed it. In the case of the shoveling, I totally understand why you would do that.
    I plan to continue writing many more letters.  I hope that there will be many more times when I agree with the way you direct your compassion.  It is quite the responsibility you have.
     "In the tender compassion of our God the dawn from on high shall break upon us; to shine on those who dwell in darkness and the shadow of death and to guide our feet into the way of peace."  ~Luke 1: 78, 79


Sincerely,
Your pen pal,
Catherine van Kampen

Comments